The whole mixing hair color thing could be overwhelming if you know how to mix hair color. It is not possible to visit a salon every time to dye hair as the process is quite expensive. Do not worry! You can do the same at home by just grabbing a box of dye and learning the art of hair color mixing. In today’s post, I will show you how to mix hair color and developer. Using the following step-by-step guide, you can change your look by experimenting with hair color. Keep on reading further to learn how to mix hair color in detail.
How To Mix Hair Color?
In this section, I will teach you how to mix hair color. Hair color is a fun and creative process but can also be confusing at the same time. Mixing hair dye and developer together will give you brand new hair color.
You can follow these steps to learn how to mix hair color with a developer.
- First, get a glass or plastic bowl for mixing the dye.
- Place a newspaper or an old towel below the bowl.
- Put on latex or plastic gloves to protect your skin from chemicals.
- Now, combine the hair dye and developer in a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio.
- You can also check the packaging to know the correct ratio of hair dye to the developer.
- Using a plastic fork or spoon, mix the dye and developer well together.
- Stir the mixture until it is thicker and creamier.
Make sure you never use a metal bowl as it can oxidize the dye. However, you can follow the same steps if you want to know how to mix professional hair color at home.
Mix Hair Color Using Hair Color Mixing Calculator
Another easy yet simple way to mix hair colors is using an online professional hair color mixing calculator. This will give you accurate and natural-looking hair dye. Follow these steps to know the perfect hair color mixing ratio.
- First, take a digital photo of your desired hair color.
- This will help you to ensure that the final product is looking accurate.
- Now, analyze your skin tone in relation to the hair color that you’ve chosen.
- Combine the hair dye and developer in the given ratio in a plastic bowl.
However, you can also consult a professional hairstylist before you start mixing.
You can keep on reading to know how to mix hair color from Sally’s.
Mix Ion Hair Color
Ion hair colors are formulated in Italy by expert teams of chemists. It offers luxurious shades and uses pure ionic micro pigments for deeper shades. But, do you know how to mix ion hair color? Just take a non-metallic bowl and mix 2 oz of ion Color Brilliance with 2 oz of ion Sensitive Scalp Creme developer. Make sure you take a 1:1 mixing ratio. You can use a tint brush to apply this mixture to dry unwashed hair.
Click here – How To Mix Bleach For Hair?
Mix Hair Color To Cover Gray
Learn how to mix hair color to cover gray as it’s a quick way to look younger! More than 72% of American women color their hair for gray coverage. It is the most visible sign of aging. You simply have to take a 50/50 mixture to cover gray hair. Here, 50% is your dye and 50% is the developer.
Mix Henna For Black Hair Color
Surprisingly, you can darken your hair with natural ingredients like Henna! Indigo and Henna hair treatments are the most widely used organic dye in the world. You can follow these steps to learn how to mix Henna for black hair color.
- In a glass bowl, combine the Henna powder and yogurt.
- Slowly add and stir water into this bowl until you get a thick paste.
- Now, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, mix the Indigo powder and salt into the henna paste.
- You can add more water to adjust the consistency of the paste.
You can apply this paste working with one section of hair at a time from the roots to the tips.
Tips To Consider While Mixing Hair Color
Now, I hope you’ve understood how to mix hair color in a bowl. Mixing hair color is can be dangerous if you don’t follow the right instructions. Following are the certain color rules you’ve to remember to get the best results.
- Try to use colors belonging to the same family.
- Always remember to use professionally-manufactured products.
- Never comb or brush your hair after you’ve colored it.
- UV light can fade hair color faster, so choose a formula that protects your hair from UV rays.
- If you’re confused about which color to choose, use the hair color chart.
- Make sure you choose the right hair color formula based on your skin tone and hair type.
- You can use a diffuser or hair dryer to dry your hair. This will reduce the amount of heat that your hair receives from a blow dryer or flat iron.
- Consult a professional hairstylist to figure out which is the right color for you.
- Never mix different brands of hair dyes together.
- Always keep the proportions between dye and developer right (50/50).
On Mixbu you can read more about various topics.
What Happens If You Put Too Much Developer In Hair Dye?
What Happens If I Put Too Much Developer In The Dye? Your mix will be more wet, & more runny. If it is way too runny, you may end up lightening the hair, but not depositing enough color. It will end up thinner, flatter and last less long.
What Does 2 Applications Mean On Hair Color?
A double process color refers to a two-step service. This is generally done by either lightening the hair first, then going in after and applying a color or glaze, OR this is done by applying a color then following up again with a color (permanent, demi, or semi).
How Much Developer Do You Use For Color?
Most developer to dye ratios are 1 part hair color to 2 parts developer. Check the ratio on the hair dye package to be sure you are using the recommended amount. If you are not sure about the ratio, don’t guess. If you don’t mix the right ratio, your hair color may not come out as desired.
Do You Put Hair Dye On Wet Or Dry?
Make sure your hair is damp, not soaking wet. The hair color will just slide right off if it’s soaking wet. Squeeze the water out of your hair with a towel to make sure it’s not dripping. Apply semi or demipermanent hair dye to the area that you want to cover.
Click here – How To Mix Concrete?
Can You Mix 2 Different Hair Colors Together?
Hair color shades can be mixed but ONLY if they are the same type (permanent, demi-permanent, semi-permanent) AND the same brand.
What Happens If You Mix Brown And Blonde Hair Dye Together?
You will get something darker then the ash blonde and lighter then the brown. It depends on the actual levels and undertones as to what you will get. You might end up with lighter roots as color does not lift color.
In the above post, I’ve discussed how to mix developer and hair color in detail. Hair color mixing is a great way to achieve the perfect shade for your hair at home. Simply combine the hair dye and developer in the given ratio in a plastic bowl. Chemical hair colors containing harsh chemicals can affect your hair’s health. It can even cause damage like loss of hair and dryness. As a safer and healthier alternative, you can use henna and indigo to color your hair. Once you learn how to mix hair color, you can create a perfect combination for your skin tone and personality!